How to Use a Treasure Map in Minecraft

A few days ago I was searching through a chest I found in a partially-sunken shipwreck in Minecraft. I spotted a yellowish piece of paper inside -- a buried treasure map! I usually ignore them because I've heard the loot is not that wonderful, but this time I decided to search for the buried treasure because I wanted a Heart of the Sea.

Why do I want a Heart of the Sea? Because they're awesome. Why are they awesome?

Because you need a Heart of the Sea to craft a conduit. And everyone should have a conduit.

This is why: because conduits are like super-amazing-awesome sources of power underwater, and even above-ground when it's raining. If you activate a conduit inside a conduit frame, it provides all kinds of cool underwater survival powers, like water breathing and protection from underwater mobs.


This chest inside a shipwreck held a buried treasure map.

Anyway, I got the buried treasure map and began searching around for the treasure. Finding the general spot is easy enough to do. Just aim for the giant red X on your map. Finding the exact spot of the buried treasure is a little harder. I had to dig around a lot before I found the chest because at first I was digging in the wrong spot.

X marks the spot on the buried treasure map

A lot of people ask how deep you have to dig to find the buried treasure chest and the answer is, "it depends." Sometimes the chests are buried close to the surface and you only have to dig down a few blocks. Sometimes they can be really deep and you have to dig 10 blocks down or more. And sometimes the chests are buried underwater, making it very difficult and time-consuming to get them.

But I dug and dug and found the buried treasure chest! Now I have my Heart of the Sea. Just need to collect 8 Nautilus Shells and I have everything I need to build my conduit!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Minecraft Scenes and Images

Mostly Fishing in Minecraft - A Journal

Let's Get Enchanting