Let's Get Enchanting


I need to upgrade my crappy regular iron armor in Minecraft and the best way to do it is by enchanting. Enchanting is one of the most complicated mechanics in Minecraft and I'm still wrapping my head around it. Btw, this isn't my setup in the picture above. Image credit goes to Ratliff. But he messed up and put the enchanting table too close to the bookshelves. Even I know that.

These are the different Armor enchants you can perform:

  • Protection
  • Fire Protection
  • Feather Falling
  • Blast Protection
  • Projectile Protection
  • Respiration
  • Aqua Affinity
  • Thorns
  • Depth Strider
  • Frost Walker
  • Curse of Binding
I might start with basic Protection because it absorbs all damage. At the highest level, IV, it absorbs 16% of damage. It doesn't sound like much, but it adds up, especially in a gnarly fight!

The other enchant I might use first is Respiration, which adds to your underwater breathing time. I already have a Turtle Shell helmet that I assembled when I built my own turtle farm. I think Respiration will stack with that, and at the maximum level, you get 45 extra seconds of underwater breathing time. That stacks with the Turtle Shell, which gives you 10 seconds, so 55 extra seconds or 70 seconds in total. That's a lot of time underwater!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Minecraft Scenes and Images

Mostly Fishing in Minecraft - A Journal